Thursday, May 10, 2012

Recording iOS app demos

I've used Camtasia Studio in the past to better serve customers with quick fire demos for applications which I think customers should know about and use.

At the same time, and ahead of Mac OSX Mountain Lion this summer, developers have been reverse-engineering AirPlay and have found ways to get it working seamlessly between iOS devices and Mac.  MacStories picked out AirServer is a solid app which did the job and behaved well. About £10 to purchase outside of the Mac Apps store, but damn, this is useful.

Combo with Camtasia? I can now record demo's from iPhone and iPads mirrored on to the MacBook Air or the iMac and have Camtasia running in the background to capture in the background. It's post record editing, if you didn't know..is excellent.

I suggest you check it out for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. For some Camtasia maybe overkill, as Mac OS X QuickTime Player has had a screen recording function built in since Leopard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. I'll didn't know about QT player. I'll take look and compare one day.

    ReplyDelete