Saturday, April 7, 2012

Delivery and Value

March was a very busy month for me. On the day job side, there was a lot on. I had customer visits from three European countries, one which was on site at my company in London. During this time, I've been unable to add any further posts since ordering the new iPad.  This is partly because, being a one man blog band, it takes time to get new stuff, play with it enough and then form a view to be able to share something interesting about it.

It brought me back to stating my aims of this blog. It's about two things. Delivery and Value.

Delivery. It's about more than reviews and technical talk on the innards of any product. Yes, they are parts of what is commented on in blog or tweet form, but for me it's about a consistent stream of updates your general geek is doing or experimenting with at home, starting with my own stuff.  

Value comes in two forms.  Insight and Sharing.

Insight
We all have common yet unique ways at looking at technology and perceiving value in the numerous combinations of how we use it.  My aim is to talk in these aspects around what us useful around 3 main areas:

  • Ease or obviousness in terms of  the products use
  • Integration into all of my other technology items and solutions
  • That it works all of the time

Sharing
We all see what we're aware of. It's great to scour rss feeds, tweets and sites which share their own solutions or ways to do or build something useful. In that sense, the contribution of this blog (and tweets) is the same. To be part of a wider whole and contribute to it.

Coming up
I have a few days off from work, with a few articles I'd like to share on things I've been playing with recently.  March was an expensive month :)



No comments:

Post a Comment